Friday, October 1, 2010

209 - Moving down to Coffs

G'day everyone, well, a happier day. Although my cold still continues, this is the first day in about a week where I haven't seen any rain. Yippee!!!
Leaving Byron Bay, I headed down to Coffs Harbour. It was an uneventful drive, although it did seem very busy. I don't think anyone in the area must work, they all seemed to be on holidays.
Upon getting to Coffs Harbour, I headed to a place I've been to before, the Big Banana. It seems to have grown a bit since I was here at the age of 7. Apart from a big banana, there's plenty of rides for the kids, and a metal taboggan ride for us adults. Unfortunately, I didn't have time, as I was planning to be elsewhere.
So elsewhere involved going to the Porpoise Pool. Now I was here about 5 years ago with friends for a week, and didn't go to this place. The main tourist attraction in Coffs, and I didn't go? Anyway, this time I went and it was lots of fun. Although it was aimed mainly for kids, I really enjoyed it. Everyone got a chance to be "kissed" by a dolphin and/or a seal. I didn't do it, being about 6 inches away was enough for me. They also had a daily event, where they got both seals and dolphins to do all sorts of trips, like what you'd see in Seaworld but better.
From there I headed in to Coffs Harbour central, and had a look around. I went down to the Jetty, but there was only 1 person fishing, and he'd had no success.
Now, tomorrow is Grand Final day, #2, and I can't find any accommodation at all. I might have to go to some strange town instead.
Good Luck Pies!!
The Big Banana


Coffs Jetty

Pet Porpoise Pool - Dolphin



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that the weather has picked up.Thought you would do anything for a kiss though Daf. Hope you have a good time tomorrow wherever you watch the game from. Go Pies!!!

    ReplyDelete