Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Look at all the snow. And to think, the coldest it was today was 11 degrees. Fantastic.
If you had've read yesterday's entry, you'd know that I was planning to climb to the summit of Mt Koscuiosko, but due to too much snow, I wasn't able to. But still, I headed up there, to Charlottes' Pass, to begin the 18km walk (as much as I could). And what a lovely day. No clouds, no wind.
The walk up to the summit was a lovely walk. Up until I got to the Snowy River, it was a constant slight incline, making easy walking. Unfortunately, once I got to the river, the snow overtook the road/path, and made walking any further almost impossible. So what did I do? Played in the snow of course. And a few minutes later, a snowman was created.
So, after turning and walking back to the car, I drove around a few places, such as Perisher, Smiggin Holes, until I found another walk to do. I did the Rainbow Lakes walk, not in snow, and was a little dissappointed. The lake was lovely, but didn't look like a Rainbow at all.
I then headed up to Thredbo, where I walked around for a while, looking at all the cabins and chalets, all empty of course.

The day ended the way yesteday ended, me fishing and not catching any fish.

Ciao
Mount Koscuiosko

Me and the Snowy River

My travel friend
Rainbow Lake




No comments:

Post a Comment