Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 219 - Is this a hangover I feel?l

Nar, not really. Luckily I didn't end up drinking as much as a normally do on yesterday's wine tour, so I woke up feeling pretty fine.
But it was time to leave the Hunter Valley, and head off to Newcastle. And my first port of call in Newcastle was Nissan, as I was 3,000 km overdue on a car service. This is only my 4th service since I started, the others being in Adelaide, Kalgoolie and Darwin.
So while my car was getting serviced, I spent a few hours walking around town. And I have to say, this town is boring. For 500,000 people, the CBD was so quiet. I had lunch in the main mall, something like Bourke St Mall, but I think I passed about 10 people the whole time I was here.
From there I headed down the wharf to view the Wharf Tower. Now this tower is strange. Have a look at the image below. Does it remind you of anything?
After seeing that, I needed to go for a walk, so I walked for about 3 hours around town. It was nice to see the beach again, after about a week. And with sunshine.
Anyway, my car was serviced pretty quickly, and even cleaned, yippee, and so I took it to the main shopping centre. Now, a little gripe. Shopping centres don't really cater for tall cars, I think I drove around for about 15 minutes trying to find a tall parking spot, before eventually parking out of the shopping centre itself.
Now, even though Newcastle seems like a boring place, the accommodation in the heart of it is expensive, so I staying in an apartment, about 5 km out of the CBD. And funnily enough, it reminds me of Cade's old Docklands place, except with about twice the space.
The Wharf Tower - look liky anything??


City Baths


No comments:

Post a Comment