Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 211 - A little country music in Tamworth

G'Day everyone. I hope there's a few hangovers out there, and everyone's still happy about AFL GF result. Gooooo Pies!! For me, I'm feeling a little better, still can't really eat, but at least I don't feel like I'm going to throw up every few minutes. Oh, and also, it's still raining. Bloody NSW!!!

So today provided a change of tactics on travel for me today. Rather than following the coastline, which I'd been doing for weekend, it was time to head inland, to the country music capital of Australia, Tamworth. It was an interesting drive, as I had to travel over the Great Dividing Range in the pouring rain. It took about 2 hours to drive around 80km, but still, it's better than driving in the desert.

I got in to Tamworth about 2, and headed to the Country Mile museum. This small museum has heaps of artifacts, articles and photos about all the country artists from Australia. It was a lovely place, and those people who like country music would have loved it. My favourite face in the museum was Chad Morgan (remember him people??).

Chad Morgan


From there I headed down to the Guitar Center, the most touristy place in Tamworth. Apart from the huge Guitar out the front, it has a wax museum for the stars, and also a huge array of country music CDs. See the CD I bought below.

Mmmmm Mountains
Just up the road from the Guitar centre is a huge area for animals. I guess it's a place where they show off different types and today they had a dog show on. To be honest it was lots of fun. They had all sorts of different dogs having to run around a course where they jump over and run through different objects. I think I might have upset a few people, as I couldn't help but laugh when a dog did something wrong.


Since I didn't have a very healthy AFL Grand Final day, I headed to the local pub to watch the NRL GF. Lots of fun there, and the Dragons won, who I was going for.
Anyway, another drive tomorrow. You'll have to read tomorrows to find out where I go.


1 comment: