Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 222 - And on to Bondi

Good morning friends, I hope your day went well. Mine started well, and remained that way.
I started the day by going down to the Manly Mall, to have breakfast. It's strange, but that area is so quiet, maybe it just livens up late at night??
From there I drove the wonderful streets of Sydney to get to Bondi Beach. Now, the place I'd booked looked fantastic on the web, not so much in real life. But that's the way things are most of the time in tourism isn't it.
I had a few goals today, and the first one was to walk from Bondi to Coogee. This is about a 6km walk, following the coastline the whole way. It was a lovely walk, I got to see lots of people surfing, but not many swimming. And by the time I got to Coogee, I'd brought on a huge sweat all over my body. if only I'd brought bathers.
At Coogee, there was 1 thing I had to do, I headed in to the Coogee Bay Hotel, we're I'd two very drunken nights with Steve and co a number of years ago. Steve, I've found a cab for you....
After lunch at the pub, I walked up to the Prince of Wales Hospital. This was where I was operated on 3 years ago, and I thought I'd see if I could pop in and say hello to Dr Teo. Unfortunately he was busy, so I left a thank you card with his assistant. I wonder if he'll get it.
From there I headed to Kings Cross, via the Bondi Junction. Now, I haven't been to Kings Cross in many years, and it seems to have changed a bit, although there was still ladies offering services, it was hidden at massage stores this time. No girl walking around in just a g-string this time.
So, I'm off to Wollongong tomorrow, going to try and go via the coastal drive. I'm trying to find that road bridge that follows the coastline, you know, the one you see on tv ads sometimes.
Bondi Beach


Coogee Bay Hotel

Porky's in Kings Cross



No comments:

Post a Comment