Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 213 - Western Plains Zoo

Hi all, well for the second day in a row, we had sunshine. This time all day. How good is that.

Well, I had 2 things planned for today, 1 was to get my car serviced, and 2, was to go to the Western Plains Zoo. And since I couldn't get a service yard to work on my car, that left the day to be even more relaxed.

So I headed to the zoo early, and unfortunately I think everyone else on holidays had the same thought. It look about 30 minutes to get to the car park. But that's where it got a fun. The zoo is pretty large, about 5.5km if you go around it on a straight line, so they offer all sorts of ways to get around. You can drive around the whole zoo in your own car. You can hire bikes to ride around. Or, you can hire these carts, sort of like golf carts, which can fit 6 people on them. I decided to walk, but I was seriously in the minority.

So, once inside the zoo, and once I got through the initial people bedlem, the zoo was really cool. Every animal had so much space to run around, and for the first few hours, that's what they did. But by the time it got to around 11am, all the animals had settled down, sitting in the far corners, which did make it a little hard to view.

I spent about 4 hours there, and from there, I decided to go fishing. Dubbo issue. No one had bait. I went to BCF, a fishing store and 4 service stations, and none of them had any bait. So I had to get some lures instead. And not much with those. I think I only spent about an hour, before I gave that up as a lost cause.

So now I'm sitting at the computer, planning the next few days.







No comments:

Post a Comment