Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 238 - Wanna go do a cave???

Hi All, hope you are well, and I hope you won one at the races if you put a bet on. As for me, as I was camping, I woke up at 5:45, and didn't fall back to sleep. But I did have a great sleep.
After cleaning, having breakfast, and packing up by 7:30, there was no much to do, but go for another walk. I headed down the beach, to another camping location, called Mueller Inlet. There was no one there, but it was a lovely walk, going along the beach. I so wished I had my fishing rod in hand, and the water looked better than yesterday.
After that walk, I jumped in the car, and headed back to town. From there is was a lovely 2 hour drive to the small town of Buchan. And yes, it's small, only about 250 people. But it's famous for caves, and that's where I went. They have 2 caves available there, Royal and Fairy, and I went to both of them. Both were stunning, with so many glassy stalagtites and stalagmites, and some huge other things I didn't know the name off. At times it was really squishy to get through, I only managed to bang my head once.
To finish off the day, I found a small river to try my hand at fly fishing on, but once again no luck. I'm still determined to catch a trout with a fly rod before this holiday finishes (in 8 days time).
Catch ya
Mueller Inlet


Royal Cave

Fairy Cave



No comments:

Post a Comment