Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 239 - Why is Lakes Entrance called Lakes Entrance?

Hi People, not long now till I'm home, but I'm still perservering with this blog. It will be nice in a way not having to write any more.
I woke up in the nice peace and quite of country Buchan. And spent a lazy morning, doing a few self chores before heading off. I drove down to Metung, on the coastline, but didn't spend too much time there, just enough time to get some food and bait. I found myself a space along side the Tambo River, and for the next 2 hours sat in a chair and didnt have to do much. No fish, but that was OK, I just sat in the sun and read a book.
Once finished there, I headed down to Lakes Entrance, the lovely Lakes Entrance. I headed down to the Fish Co-op, but found it to be closed. I only went there cause I went there in grade 6, oh the memories.
After that I went for a walk to the Entrance of the lakes system. It was a lovely walk, and when I got to the entrance I was pretty impressed. Although the entrance is only about 20 metres across, so much water comes in and out with the tides, and you could tell. The water was absolutely rushing.
Not much else to tell you for today. Looking forward to watching the cricket tonite. Go Aussies!!
Fish Co-op


Entrance to the Lakes


No comments:

Post a Comment