Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 223 - Wollongong

What a lovely day's weather. Apparently Melbourne had it bad, but even in NSW, the weather wasn't great. It certainly put a dampener on doing any fishing today.
I left Bondi in Sydney this morning, and headed south, heading towards Wollongong. On the way, I went through a small National Park, called Royal National Park, but as the weather was pretty bad, it didn't look that good to me.
Once I got out of the NP, I came across the road bridge I was talking about yesterday. Now this cliff bridge was in some ad on tv, I think a car ad, and the desire to see it was pretty high. The bridge is about 650 metres in length, and it's a real tourist attraction. There's a car park at the end of it, and there was plenty of people, me included, who stopped to walk along it, bad weather or not.
Once back in the car, I drove right past Wollongong, and headed to the small town of Kiama for lunch. It would have been a lovely town, if the weather was good. I headed down there to see a blowhole on the coastline, but it wasn't really blowing while I was there.
So I headed in to Wollongong, and got myself sorted into a caravan park, and that's when the weather turned a little worse. I resigned myself to reading a book and relaxing for the afternoon.
In the evening, I headed in to town to watch the NBL, Wollongong Hawks vs Gold Coast Blaze. It wasn't overly exciting, the biggest thing was seeing Stephen Hoare and Pero, both ex-Tigers players in the team. Neither played well, and the Hawks won by six.
So the forecast for tomorrow is 10 degrees. I can already feel the cold coming.
Cliff Bridge


Kiama Blowhole


No comments:

Post a Comment