Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 235 - Mallacoota

Hi Everybody, I hope things are going well. For me, only 12 days to go of my 8 month trip around Australia. It's strange to think that I've spent most of this year on holiday.

But speaking of holidays, we left Bermagui today, and ended up back in Victoria. On the way, Cade and I made a few stops, doing the real touristy thing. First stop was Tathra, about 40km south of Bermagui. There we found a lovely cafe, where we had a great breakfast, whilst looking at the lovely views of the ocean.

From there we headed to Bega, a town I've driven through about 40 times, but never stopped at. There we went and visited the Bega Cheese factory, and got to test lots of cheese. Mmmmm.

After that we headed to Merimbula, but stopped a couple of kms short. Like Bega, I hadn't really experienced Merimbula before, so headed for there and came across Magic Mountain. Magic Mountain, a theme park similar to the ones in the gold coast, but at a smaller scale. We spent the next 3 hours doing toboganning, water slides, mad mouse rides and mini-golf. Unfortunately we had to get elsewhere, otherwise we'd have stayed longer.

It was then a drive down to Mallacoota, and with that drive, I finally made it back (with my car) to Victoria. I left the state in late March, and this is the first time back, apart from a few flights.

Mallacoota's an interesting town. A very small town, as far as town centre is concerned, but the water-fronted caravan park is huge, and quite full, even at this time of the year.





No comments:

Post a Comment