Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 210 - Good old Collingwood forever....

Hi Guys,

There's no photos in this day's events, due to it raining all day. Plus the fact that I set out to watch the AFL Grand Final (again), didn't give me much opportunity. Anyway, I digress.

I woke up in Coffs Harbour feeling terrible. After having a lovely steak and vegetables last night, I think it gave me food poisioning. So, no more healthy food for me, Macca's and KFC are the go.

Another slight issue is that one day of no rain didn't last, I think it rained about 100mm today, and it's cold too.

Anyway, leaving Coffs, I headed down to Port Macquarie to have a quick look, but as there was no available accoommodation, and it was raining, I moved on pretty quickly. I headed to the town of Kempsey, a town of little worth, apart from Slim Dusty growing up here.

I found a pub that was going to show the footy, and settled in. Now, I was the only person in that pub watching the game, shows you how many Rugby League fans there are here.

So the game was pretty good til half time, I think the Saints had only kicked 1 goal, I I was worried it was going to turn out like last week, where they came back. They didnt. The third quarter was great, and in the end of hte game, we won by 58 points, the biggest ever Grand Final win we've ever done.

It's funny, not being in town, I do feel a little out of it. Hopefully all those Collingwood supporters are having a great time tonite. Gooo Pies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment