Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 208 - Byron Bay

What a day! I felt for a second that my cold was gone, that was until I stood up. As soon as I did that, the nose started to run, and hasn't stopped since. Bloody colds!!

So I left Lismore, feeling quite happy about leaving it, and headed up into the hills to get to Minyon Falls. Yes, that's right, I'm back to the waterfalls. After a quite study to work out which walk to do, I chose the shorter one, to get to the bottom of the falls. In the process, I walked through some lovely rainforest. And the last 200 metres of the walk required some serious rock climbing, luckily at a low height. The view from the bottom was outstanding, it required time to sit there and contemplate.

On the way back up, about 500 metres from the end, the rain started poring down, and at that point I was so happy that I didn't do the bigger walk. Even such, I still got pretty wet. It was strange having the heater on in the car to dry my clothes.

From there I headed to Byron Bay, and I was very happy with the town. This could be a place where you could take your friends, or family and have a great time. Lots of things to do and see. But by myself, I went for another walk, once the rain had stopped. I think a walk that everyone does when they come here is the Cape Byron walk. It's a lovely walk, were you walk over surf beaches, along rock cliff faces, and in the process, get to see dolphins and whales. If only I had my fishing rod.....

Tomorrow I'm off to Coffs Harbour, and then Port Macquarie for Saturday to watch the AFL grand final....again. Gooooo Pies!!


Minyon Falls


Just some of the surfers in Byron Bay

Most easterly point in Australia



No comments:

Post a Comment