Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 221 - Into the heart of darkness....ok, I'm in Sydney

Hi everybody. I hope you're smashing today.
I've had a big day. It started by leaving Newcastle and driving to Manly in Sydney. It was a lovely drive, well, at least the first 85% of it was. Once I hit Sydney proper, it became a slow drive though lots of small roads, but anyone who's been to Sydney would know what I'm talking about.
After checking in to my motel, I headed out to the beach front, for a short walk to the ferry terminal. Although there were plenty of surfers out there, the weather wasn't good enough today for swimmers and sunbathers. In fact, the beach was closed due to previous rain causing issues.
OK, so you all know that to get anywhere in town in Sydney, you use the ferry system. Issue, the ferry from Manly only goes to Circular Quay, so I actually had to take 2 ferries to get to the zoo. Anyway, the zoo was pretty nice, apart from being on a step hill. Lots of different animals, including some you could get up and touch yourself. My only gripe was that a lot of the animal cages were closed.
From the zoo, I headed back to Circular Quay, so I could get to Milsons Point. I went there for 2 reasons. 1, to see what the place looks like that I went to last year for NYE, and 2. to go and see Luna Park. Unfortunately Luna Park was closed, but I did get a chance to walk around to see what it's like.
From there I climbed up the harbour bridge, and walked from the North side to the main part of the city. I have to say, the walk for me wasn't great, as every time I stopped, I could hear the bridge creaking. Scary as!!
After that I walked around town for a little while, then noticed a storm coming in, so headed back to Manly to miss out on the rain.
Catch you tomorrow
MMMMeerkats


Luna Park

NYE Location last year






2 comments:

  1. So you're almost home right? Did you do the bridge climb - you don't make that clear
    S
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis, no I didn't climb the bridge. It was scary enough just walking across at car level. And yep, only 3.25 weeks to go before I'm home.

    ReplyDelete