Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 212 - And on to Dubbo

Well, another day on the road. And another day in the rain. Hang on, no, there's actually sunshine today. The first time I've seen that since I landed in NSW. Yippee!!

Today was an interesting day for me. Although it included about 400km of driving, it was a nice day, not too much traffic, and off course the weather was good.

At the half way point, I stopped at Coonabarabran (nice name), where I found out about a nearby national park to go to. The Warrumbungle NP was a small park full of little mountains and peaks. It straight away looked like a great place to do some hikes in. Unfortunately, most of the walks were about 10-15km long, not my style for today (yes, my tummy is still a big asquew). But I did manage to go to the lookout, where you could see lots the environment, without the traffic (of the serenity).

From there I headed to Dubbo, my ending point for the day. I went through the old Gaol here, where they managed to hang 8 people in the 1800's. After that I needed a drink, so I hunted down a winery (hey, my car stocks are low), and enjoyed a nice hour of tastings.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go to the Westerns Plain Zoo, and play with some giraffes and tigers.

Catch ya!!

Me at the Lookout


Burbie Canyon

Hanging anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment