Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 186 - Great Keppel Island

Hi all, going on from yesterday, today I went on a ferry boat out to Great Keppel Island. Just one of the many islands in the Great Barrier Reef, but to me, this one's pretty special. It's just so pretty and unabused. There is a resort and a camping ground, but hardly anything else. Oh, and you can get to the barrier reef from the lovely beaches too.

When I got to the island, I decided to do a coral cruise, where the boat has a glass bottom, and from there we got to see all sorts of fish, turtles and even a shipwreck. At the shipwreck, we got to feed lots of fish, some of which even jumped out of the water to get to the food.

After the cruise, I got some snorkelling gear, and headed to the next beach. As I said, you can get to the reef from the beach, and that's what I did. I had a lovely and relaxing snorkel, with only 2 other people on the beach, both doing exactly the same thing.

Anyway, for such a great day, I can't write any more on it. Lets just say it was a beautiful place, an island everyone should go to at some stage in their life.




No comments:

Post a Comment