Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hi all, I hope your weekend went well. Mine was pretty good, except for the hangover I had this morning. But it was worth it, seeing the Pies thrash the Dogs for the 3rd time this year.

Because I wasn't 100%, my day was pretty slow. I started off by doing a walk around town, going through the city market, walking beside the river, and heading to the main shopping centre.

After that, I felt a little better, and so headed down the to the bay harbour for some fishing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the right location, so I spent some time walking around the marina there. It looked like a good place to have a lazy sunday arvo, but I had better plans.

Just like Cairns and Townsville, Mackay also has a man-made lagoon, so headed there. Unfortunately everyone else did to, so the pools were quick full, but still oh-so relaxing. I spent a couple of hours there, swimming and reading.

From there I headed to the main theatre to see a movie. Now, I saw that new Aussie movie, and I'll recommend it out. It wasn't bad, although even after seeing it it reminded me of the movie Red Dawn.

So tomorrow I leave Mackay, and head down to the tropic of Capricorn. It's going to start getting colder for me from now on. Boo Hoo!!




No comments:

Post a Comment