Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 189 - Bundy and Coke please

Hi all, ah, what a day. After a lovely day out on the water yesterday, today was a day for getting fluids inside me, and no, not in the drunken sense.

So as you can tell, I headed to Bundaberg today, but on the way, I went through a town called Gin Gin, and from there I found a small tourist thing, called the Mystery Craters. In the middle of lovely fields of soil, where sugar and bananas are grown, a number of craters were found, made out of the same stuff as Ayers Rock, and there's no idea of how it got here. It was a nice little side tour, and the lady behind the counter helped me out with other stuff as well.

Once I got to Bundaberg, I headed to the Bundaberg Rum distillery, for a tour of the factory. A very strange thing though, I couldnt take my camera on the tour, nor my car keys or watch. Apparently they've had 2 big fires in the last 100 years, and to protect themselves from that, you can't take anything in the factory that has a battery. Weird!!

Anyway, the tour was nice, we got to see how rum is made, and how much of it is stored there, but at the end of the day, we're all just there to have a few tastes. Mmmmm, liquer bundy, with a slight taste of Chocolate and Coffee, very nice.

From there I headed to the Bundaberg Barrel, where the reknowned ginger beer is located. This time no tour, but a very funny, if small, museum that showed how the ginger beer was originally located, and how Bundaberg GB came to existance.

So I'm now in another motel, and the footy has just started, so I'm going to sign off, and tune into the footy for a few hours. Go Swans!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment