Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 199 - Dont you go out in the rain.....

Beautiful one day, perfect the next? I dont think so, when it comes to Surfers Paradise. Like yesterday, it rained for quiite a bit of the day today, which made the idea of going to another theme park a bit wet. Hopefully it'll be dry tomorrow, and I'll head to another one.

So to avoid the rain, I went walking down to Cavill Ave, the central part of SP. I managed to dodge the rain a bit, and see that nothing much has changed in the last 5 years since I was here last.

From there I headed down to QDeck, the biggest building in SP. I did the usual, take the elevator to the top, all 77 stories of it. It was really nice, to see the whole of the region from up top. It's funny to see how big the actual area is these days.

Unfortunately I didn't see any sharks from up top, something that's been happening a bit lately, there's been thousands of Bull Sharks in the area.

From there I headed down to Pacific Fair, the major shopping centre. Whilst there, I went to a Sushi Train for lunch, which reminded me of last years Japan trip. And Drew, I didn't eat any fish products. I also went to see a movie whilst I was there (what else do you do in the rain). I saw Easy A, a movie about a school girl who fakes losing her virginity, and then has to bear the schoolyard consequences. Not a bad movie, but I was the only male of about 100 people watching the movie. Weird.




No comments:

Post a Comment