Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 187 - Agnes Water

Hi all, with great regret, I left Yeppoon today, and headed further sound. After chatting with a few different travellers over the last few days, I headed to a town called Agnes Water/1770, one of those places that Captain Cook came by in 1770.

Anyway, it was an uneventful trip, the only issue I had was trying to find a fuel station, when I'd almost ran out. Needless to say, I got through OK.

So what's there to do in 1770? Not much except relax, and go to the beach. Apparently 1770 is the northern most beach in Australia that provides surf, and so I headed down to have a look. Well, they almost had waves, maybe 2 ft tall. I didn't go surfing, but I enjoyed the time down at the beach.

One of the other things to do here is to ride "automatic" motorbikes. That's right, no gear changes at all. But I didn't take that on either, knowing my luck, I'd probably still crash it.

So I spent the later part of the afternoon sitting between my 4 resort pools that my resort has. How terrible. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment