Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 194 - How times flies when you're having fun

Hi all, I hope you've had a great day. I've had a really busy one. There's so much to do here on the Sunshine Coast.

But for me, every with an agenda, I headed out early, and headed to the Australia Zoo. Now I have to say, this zoo is huge. I can understand why they have a train to drive people around the zoo. And another thing, unlike most other zoos, each animal compound was huge, every animal seemed to have loads of space to run around. The Irwin's have really done some good things here.

As you walk around, you really have to watch your feet, as there's lizards everywhere, oh, and also, there are staff walking around with animals for you to play with all day.

So of course the high-light of the day there is the Crocoseum, where they have an hour long show with all sorts of animals. The first thing that they brought out was snakes, including a 3 metre python, which the staff girl too into the water, herself included, for a swim. They had birds flying, including 1 cormerant that didn't want to leave the stage. The main part was bringing in a crocodile for a swim/feed. 2 guys just walking around whilst the croc follows them in the water.

So after 5 hours there, I headed to my next place, Aussie World. Aussie World seemed to be a small Dreamworld type place, but for kids, but I went to the front, where the Ettamogah Pub was. Of course I had a beer there.

Adter that I went to the Big Pineapple, where I hadn't been in over 30 years. It still looked the same, although a lot smaller.

Before heading back to the motel, I headed to the main shopping centre, where I shopped for quite a while, before heading back to the motel for a swim. Oh, and of course I went out for dinner, mmmmm Hogs Breath!!!


Jumping Croc


Feeding Croc

Stubby Holders for Steve Irwin???


Aussie World Pub





Big Pineapple



No comments:

Post a Comment