Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 196 - Brisbane

Hi all, firstly GO PIES!! What a game!! And to think, after half time the Pies really took their feet of the pedal, and still won the game by 40 points. But i must say, I felt a little hungover this morning, I must remember to stop drinking when watching the game for a second time in the one night.

Drew/Mio, so sorry for your team. It was stange hearing what the commentators were saying, like "End of an Era, and Ablett will be announcing, etc etc". Hopefully it all works out well, and the Cats come out firing next year.

So, enough about footy. Today I headed to Brisbane, all of a 90 minute drive. Because of drinking too much the night before, I didn't set myself any plans, but I spent a good 4 hours just walking around town, and saw some good things. Firstly, I really think Brisbane is like Melbourne and Sydney. Melbourne, because they have a big river running through it, and Sydney, cause all the streets are windy. I think I walked across about 10 bridges throughout the day.

I walked through the mall, yes they have one too, and did lots of non-buying shopping. I also found both the Suncorp and Gabba stadiums, but couldn't get in to either of them.

Now for all those Rockclimbers, Brisbane is the place to live. Along the eastern part of the river is a cliff face, that's about 20 metres long, and a kilometre long, and it's all set up for rockclimbing. There were about 50 people doing it, and I reckon I spent about an hour just watching them do their stuff.

So now I'm sitting back and relaxing, waiting for the footy to start. Go Dogs!!!




1 comment:

  1. Hey mate, of course I remember the Chenneye Bridge walk, man, was knackered and that's when I was about 15kg lighter..lmoa.. Oh boy what a week in store..Grand Final week... might take friday off for the parade... Go Pies!

    ReplyDelete