Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 173 - The day of the waterfalls

Hi All, I hope you are well. For me, it was the end of my time in Cairns, so the first thing to do was pick up the car from where it'd been for the last 3 nights. Now, I did park it near a park, and from the look of it, the local fruit bats thought it was a good target. There wasn't much white left in the colour of the car. So I took it to a car wash, and after $10, it looked almost clean.

Once ready, we headed out into the mountains. Now the area between Cairns and Innisfail are covered in rivers and waterfalls, and it was our goal to see most of them. Unfortunately for most of the day, the weather was pretty wet.

So, we hit the following waterfalls: Millaa Millaa Falls, Zillie Falls, Ellinjaa Falls, Mungalli Falls, and finally ended up at Josephine Falls. Unfortunately, it was a 2 km walk, so by the time we got there we were pretty wet, so we had a lovely swim.

When we got to Innisfail, a bad thing happened. Whilst parking my car, I wasn't really looking at where I was going, and drove my car into the roof. So now my pod has 2 little holes in it. Damn!!!

We spent the rest of the evening in the motel, as the weather turned worse.




2 comments:

  1. can just see you kailash, danni & bee driving in the bat(poo) mobile....ahh ha ha ha haaaa..lol, very funny. bloody hawks!

    ReplyDelete