Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 153 - 10/4 buddy, we're now in Queensland


Hi everyone, just to let you know, the 10/4 comment has nothing to do with Queensland. It's actually to do with the number of snakes I've seen so far. I've seen 10 snakes in total, and have run over 4 of them on the road. To be honest, I've seen 8 of my 10 snakes on the road, some of them have been a little more physical than others.

So I left the lovely town of Tennant Creek today, one of the biggest towns for domestic violence on Australia. No crazy screams this morning at 4am, but they were still going at 11pm when I went to bed.

I had a 470 km drive today, to get to Camooweal. Just to tell you, I've done almost 2000km since Tuesday morning, more than 200km more than the distance I travelled with Steve and Nancy, and I spent 2 weeks with them. I can understand why I'm hating driving at the moment. At least I only have 180km tomorrow.

The drive wasn't eventful at all, except for 2 things. 1. seeing my 10th snake, a little sucker on the road, and 2. I bumped into 2 couples who've just come from Mt Isa, where I'm going tomorrow. Apparently Australia's biggest Rodeo is happening there this weekend, so I might no be able to find any accommodation, and if I do, it'll be expensive as. BUt it'd be nice to see a rodeo.

After getting to Camooweal, I drove the 25 extra kms to get to the National Park, where they had 2 lovely caves. Good caves, but I'd need a rope and friends to go use it.
So now I'm back in town, it's very quiet (thank god!!), and am looking forward to a relaxing evening.
Just getting ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment