Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 168 - Port Douglas and the Pies

OK, for all those people who're not interested in fishing, you'll be happy today, we didn't do any fishing. Instead, after a lazy morning, we headed in to Port Douglas for a little look around. This was fine with me, as in my 2 nights there before, I didn't actually get to see too much, as I was both too busy, and a bit lazy around the pool.

The first thing I noticed when I got there was that there were so many more shops than there was 10 years. I guess Port Douglas has grown a bit in 10 years. So many shops, for all sorts of people. There was also a number of nice bars, but it wasn't really the right time of the day.

We headed down to 4 Mile Beach, the crocodile-safe beach of the area, but it wasn't overly pretty. Still , there were hundreds of people down there.

From there we headed to the Marina, where we organised lunch at one of my favourite chains, Hogs Breath. Unfortunately their steaks for lunch aren't cooked for 18 hours, and because of that, it wasn't that good.

From there we headed back "home", where we played pool, and threw the frisbee (the first time in my trip), before settling in to watch the TV. No, not the election, but the Collingwood/Adelaide game. And what a bad game it was. We won, but only just, and it was ugly. We better play better if we're going to beat Hawthorn next week, but regardless, we finished on top of the ladder. (hey Jacqui, what were those bets I had with Mio and Anu???).

Anyway, we're off to Cape Tribulation tomorrow, so it should be another nice and relaxing day. Catch ya





No comments:

Post a Comment