Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 156 - The Burke and Wills Roadhouse

Hi Everyone, I hope all is well. For me, I've moved on from Mt Isa and the rodeo, and am now staying at a Roadhouse, called Burke and Wills, which is the only building in town. A very quiet place, but at least there's a few caravans around.

So before leaving Mt Isa, I did the right thing, and put my vote in. Guess what, in the senate, you can vote from the Australian Sex Party. What the hell is that? I voted for the Shooters and Fishers party instead.

When I got to Cloncurry, I stopped for lunch and a little look around. Does anyone know why Cloncurry is famous?? Let me give you a hint, it has something to do with the $20 bill. John Flynn, created the Flying Doctors service from here, and as a reward was placed on the $20. So I went to the museum that's set up here, which showed all the processes and difficulties he went through to get it working.

So now I'm in B&W, with the main sound the Bower Birds flying and screetching around town. I'm off to Normanton tomorrow, then Karumba, and will hopefully get a chance to catch a Barra along the way.

Catch ya


No comments:

Post a Comment