Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 162 - Finally out of the Outback, and into paradise


Hi All, so, as you can see, I've got photos today, I didn't stupidly delete all my pics. I still haven't worked out hot to restore them of the camera SD card, but it might happen.

This morning I ran around Urdana, trying to get a few photos again. Unfortunately you're not allowed to go to all the sites, but at least I took a few pics of the campground/resort. Once complete, I hopped in the car, and officially drove out of the "outback". I have to say, it's soooo nice to get back into the green tree environment, and away from the red dirt.

I'm now in Port Douglas, but to get there, I drove through a few towns. I visited both the Millsteam and Mini Millstream falls, 2 lovely waterfalls with little walking tracks. I went into the town of Atherton, a lovely town up in the rainforest hills around Cairns, and could actually think of staying longer, but I have an agenda for the next few weeks.

Just outside of Mareeba, I stopped in at the Mt Uncle Distillery, where they make different sorts of liquer. Such a hard place to go to, considering I'm driving, but some of the stuff there was really nice. The "Sexy-cat" liquer was a personal favourite, it'll go great with Champagne.

I then drove on to Port Douglas, and checked into my resort, and I have to say "Oo-la-la". Not only do I have 2 bedrooms, a living area, kitchen, bath and spa, I also have my own outdoor area, that opens straight on to a 150 metre pool. This place is great, the only downside is that it's about a 5 minute drive to the centre of town. In case you're wondering, the place is called the Pool Port Douglas Resort.

I'm off on a full day snorkelling trip tomorrow, so I've got my underwater camera, as well as my normal camera. Hopefully I'll get a few good shots. Catch you later.



No comments:

Post a Comment