Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 152 - And the days keep ticking.

Hi all, well you'd think after a long day's drive, I'd have a nice long sleep, the motel room was nice, and the bed was the best I've been in for months. But no, that didn't happen, thanks to the "locals". High pitched screaming was the go for last night, even at 5am. Hopefully they're all tired tonight, and go to bed early.

Anyway, I left Tennant Creek, to take a day trip down south. My first target was the Devils Marbles. Not too sure what I expected, I just remember seeing it in my travel books months ago, and saying I needed to go.




As you can see, lots of medium sized rocks to walk and climb around. It was still very nice, and I met some lovely people in the process.

I then headed to Wycliffe Wells, a one shop town, with a difference. The roadhouse is famous for UFO sitings, and has made it a place for all the tourists to stop at. Lots of newspaper clippings, as well as the standard "fake" aliens and so on.


I then headed back to Tennant Creek, where I headed the other way, i.e. north. I then did the following: Headed to the Anzac Hill lookout (boring), drove to Kunjarra (Pebbles, a poor version of the Devil's Marbles), and finally to the Lake Mary Ann. If the wind wasn't blowing so big, I'd have probably tried fishing there.
Anyway, planning on getting an early night's sleep tonite, just in case I get woken up again at 5am. Until next time (note: probably won't be online tomorrow, going deep outback, but then on to Mount Isa to find a pub on Saturday to watch the Collingwood/Geelong game. Hopefully it's time for a Pies win.

3 comments:

  1. go pies...not sure how this game will go... we are sitting in nosebleed section of great southern stand...waaaaaaaaay up the top. good luck finding a pub to watch the game. go pies. j x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Go Pies.....dont worry mate, Drew and I will have a couple of beers for you, coz I know you miss drinking out of plastic cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, plastic cups. Not! Was drinking out of glass ones still half time, when I sent myself to my hotel room. 3.5 hours of drinking, it seemed to have gotten to me a bit.

    Hi Jac, Go Pies!!!! Is Mio OK?

    ReplyDelete