Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 169 - Cape Tribulation

Wow, this is my 5th blog entry for tonite. Damn not having internet connectivity for a few days.

Anyway, after recovering from the poor win by the Pies yesterday, including drinking lots of beer and cocktails, we headed up the coast to check out Cape Tribulation. This involved a number of stops during the day, firstly at the lookout point near home, where we could see the mouth of the Daintree River. Lovely.

From there we did two walks, the first deep into the Rainforest and Mangroves, the second to the Cape Tribulation beach itself. Hey Kathleen, was this the beach where you went swimming but then found it not safe from Crocs???? lol. Such a lovely area.

We then headed to an Exotic Fruit Farm, where we got to try 10 fruits you wouldn't normally eat. It was lots of fun, although I think the host was enjoying herself too much on fruit. From there we headed to two different ice-cream places, both creating their own bio-organic ice creams. To be honest neither of them were that good, but you have to try them.

We then headed home, where I loaded up my car, thanked everyone for their time, and headed off on my own again. I'm now in Mossman, a little town, with not much to do in it. I've said goodbye to 3 friends, and with catch up with 3 more tomorrow in Cairns.

Good night everyone.






1 comment:

  1. It was great having you here mate! Flo and I, not to mention Dad had a great time with you. Thanks again mate, and hope the mexican was better than yesterday's steak..lol. Catch ya soon

    ReplyDelete