Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 167 - Fishing the Daintree River

Hi Guys,

Following on from yesterday's fishing trip, today we headed out onto the Daintree River, to do a bit of river fishing. And to help us with this, we jumped onto our mate Jamie's boat. The last time I met Jamie was 10 years ago, when he took Lance and I on a 2 day trip out to the Barrier Reef, to do one of the most memorial things I've ever done, diving and fishing the reef.

Anyway, I digress. So Lance, Flo and I had a lovely day's fishing. Lucky me, I got the first fish this time, a lovely Trevally, which gave a lovely little fight. But after that things went a little quiet, unless your name is Flo. She caught the next 9 fish, all bream and grunters, but with each one, her confidence grew. Not bad for a girl who felt sick the whole day yesterday on the boat.

Luckily Lance got onto a fish after a few hours, a nice little grunter as well.'

As we were packing up from one fishing spot, one of the rods went off, and gave us a fight for the next 20 minutes. The line kept running, and I had to swap the rod with Lance just to give our arms a chance. It became apparent pretty early it was either a shark or a ray, and it ended up being the latter, it being about 6 ft long. With it near the boat, we pulled the hook, and it swam away healthily.




No comments:

Post a Comment