Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 160 - Moving out of the Outback...

Copperfield Gorge
Hi Everyone, I hope the last day of the week has treated you well. Go Pies!!!
As for me, another day, another day's travel. My plan was to drive from Croydon to Mt Surprise today, in the direct route, but upfortunately a couple of the things I was going to do weren't open. So when I got to Georgetown, I spoke to the locals, and they suggested I go south, and add an extra 200km to my trip. I said yes, why not.
So the target was a place/feature called Copperfield Gorge, what they didn't tell me was that about 90% of the trip was on dirt roads, including travelling through heaps of river-beds, some which actually had water in it. But none-the-less, it was an enjoyable trip.
I found the gorge, sorry, not many road signs, and enjoyed the location. Nothing like the Bungles,Katherine Gorge or the like, but still a pleasant place. I got to walk all the way around the gorge, i.e. on both sides of the river, as there wasn't much water flowing. I even saw a number of fish in the water, but today was an anti-fish day.
So now I'm in Mt Surprise, and looking forward to tonite and tomorrow. Tonite....Collingwood vs Essendon (and Cade, the bet is on!!), and tomorrow, I'm going to run through on old Volcano, and then spend the night in a tram. Most likely, I won't have internet connectivity up there, so stay tuned, I'll write to you from Port Douglas.
Have a lovely weekend.
Go Pies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment