Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 159 - By Karumba


Hi all,
There's not too much to report today. I woke up to the sound of gale-like winds, and one look outside proved that. Regardless, I headed out to the mouth of the Norman River, for one more attempt at Barra fishing. Even though the weather was pretty bad (but blue skies), there were still a few people out there, and one older woman had even caught 2 baby barra that morning. Unfortunately for me no such luck. A bream and a toadie were all I got.
So I drove about 220km today to get to the town of Croydon. Croydon is one of those towns that "used to be busy" back in the 1900's, when gold was found, but now, it's just a stopping point for lots of people. I did find a lake quite near it, so went fishing for about 2 hours, but with no luck there either. At the end of the day, I put my rods away, after cleaning them up. Unless Lance's dad's friends can help us out, I think the Barra can be labelled at "got away", just like the Murray Cod and Mullaway.
Anyway, I hope I have more to report tomorrow, this seems like a short day.

No comments:

Post a Comment