Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 151 - On to Tennant Creek

Hi everyone, not too much to tell today. I drove approx. 570km today, and although I could drive at 130km/h, it seemed like one of the longest drives I've ever done. Might be a little bit sick maybe.

A couple of things of note:

1. I hate large trucks/road trains - why? Cause when they drive really fast and go near the side-lines, they flick up stones. One such group of stones hit my windscreen, I now about a 20cm crack in the screen, along with about 10 little specks out of it. Hopefully it lasts long enough for me to get somewhere where I can get it fixed. Anita, my windscreen looks like yours now.

2. I've found the most expensive fuel so far. At $1.97 a litre, I'm glad I filled up about 200km earlier. But this now leads into a more expensive time for me, as I head up toward the Gulf of Carpentaria. I reckon in the next week, I'll be paying $3 a litre. But it's only for a short time, I hope.

So now I'm in Tennant Creek, a very strange town. With about 85% of the population being aboriginal, and about 50% of all the shops closed down, it's a very attractive town. One of those places not to go walking around at night I think. I hope the car's OK, I couldn't get it into my motel room. Doh!

Off to see the Devils Marbles tomorrow. Should be a nice relaxing day.


No comments:

Post a Comment