Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 170 - Cairns

Hi Everyone, I hope you're all well. After writing 5 blog records in a row, I felt like a day's rest, so I apologise to all who were waiting to read it.

So, after running around in Mossman, getting a few things sorted here and there, I headed up to Mossman Gorge to have a walk and a climb. Unfortunately, there was some work going on, so I had to take a shuttle bus up into the hills, which added a bit of time to it all.

The Mossman Gorge area is lovely, a river running through the dense rainforest. I'm not sure why it's called a gorge though. I spent about 90 minutes up there, walking on a lovely trail, trying to avoid the hundreds of "tour" people there. Dan, I tried to get there early, but I guess not early enough.

From there I headed to Cairns, where I caught up with my friend Danni, Belinda and Kailash. They'd organised a hotel, and it's lovely. The only complaint I can put to it is the fact that I can't park my car in the car park, it's too tall. And this caused a few issues. I had to park the car about 10 minutes away, right next to a park. And there's hundreds to bats in the area. I'll take a photo in a few days, to see what damage the bats do.

The rest of the day involved catching up with friends, and walking around town. They have a lovely beach pool here, since you cant swim at the beach, and there were hundreds of people in it. We also went to a few bars as we walked around. I have to say, this is the most touristy town I've been in on my travels. The only other town I've been to in my whole life, that has more souvenir shops is the gold coast.

Anyway, we're off to do the Sky Rail tomorrow, so that should be fun. Catch ya

Mossman Gorge


Me and Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment