Friday, June 4, 2010

Kalgoorlie - A big day in town

Ok, so I've had another big day today, so I apologise if my typing is worse than usual. I had to get out of the house by 7am this morning to get my car serviced.

Anyway, the car is now serviced, and even clean, at least on the outside. They even got rid of about 95% of the locust "squish" that I had trouble getting off myself.

So, once I got my car back, I did a big roam around town. In doing so, I've visited the following locations:
  • Monty's Restaurant - named after me, has a reputation for good coffee.
  • WA Museum - a lovely small musuem, showing the history of the town, mainly revolving around the towns centre, gold digging.
  • Mt Charlotte - a good place to get a view of the whole town.
  • Post Office - mum, you'll get more photos in the mail shortly.
  • Got of photo with mr Hannan, the founder of the town, by virtue of being the first gold finder.

And then I went to a brothel. No, not to receive services, but to get a historical tour of the town. It was actually a lovely hour spent there, and I got to get all my questions answered. Yes, I asked the Pretty Woman question, no, the working girls don't kiss their clients. It's a pity I couldn't take my camera in, each room was a different theme, and they must have spent millions on the place. At least "Mio-cow" got to come in with me.

And to finish off the day, I went to see a circus. This circus had been following me across the Nullarbor, so i thought I better go see it. It was pretty good, although some of there staff there were a bit big-headed.

Anyway, I'll be off to Esperance tomorrow. It's time to go back to the water.








2 comments:

  1. It's a very well trained, reared from child-hood type of lion. It was very good with me.

    ReplyDelete