Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 092 - In and abouts Esperance

So a question for everyone. What's so good about Esperance?

Well, I didn't know before getting here, but I can tell you know. It's a lovely town, with about 15,000 people here. I'm sure during summer and holidays, the population would be a whole lot larger.

Anyway, I didn't have any ideas of this place, but my motel manager suggested that I go to the local National Park, Cape Le Grand, as it's has the 1st and 3rd best beaches in Australia. So I drove the 50km to get there, and wasn't dissappointed. Both beaches were lovely, and would have loved for it to be warmer, I wouldn't fished or snorkelled, and been sure it would have been successful.

After the 2 beaches, I went to the base of Frenchmans Peak, a lovely 3km walk to the top of a mountain. It reminded me of the walk up Ayers Rock, although a little bit shorter and easier.

After the walks and climbs, I headed back to the town, and did a walking tour, before heading to the pub to watch the football. It's good to see Collingwood back in the winners list, even if we went from a 48 point lead to win by only 10 points.

So I'm off to Hyden tomorrow. I'll let you work out what Hyden is.




3 comments:

  1. It was a bit close ofr the Swannies too but they didn't squander a lead - they were close the whole game! Thank goodness they got over the line at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what Hyden is - make sure you take photos - I've wanted to go there for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have photos, will load one or two today

    ReplyDelete