Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 098 - From Margaret River to Bunbury

So today saw me leaving Margaret River. To be honest, it's an area I could have stayed a week at. There's so much to do, along with the 100 odd wineries to go visit. But alas, too many other places to go to.

So my first port of call today was to go to Stella Bella winery. I spent all of 2 minutes in there, I actually bought a bottle of Pink Muscat, before tasting it and leaving. I new what I was getting anyway.

I then headed to the Ngilgi caves, in the northern part of the area. What I found was the most amazing caves I think I've ever been in. So many stags, and such a huge cave, and we got to walk through most of it by ourselves. I just think it's a pity, that my camera doesn't take great photos underground. In one part of the walk, I had to get on my hands and knees to go through the area.

From there I headed to the Bush Shack Brewery, formally known as the Wicked Ale brewery. Now this is a brewery I've been wondering about for about 10 years. Someone told me about it all those years ago (was it you KB?), and the fact that they have chocolate and strawberry flavoured beer, along with lots of others (passionfruit, creaming soda, sars etc). I've gotta say, the strawberry was great, the chocolate not so much.

After drinking a pint of their beer, I headed to Simmo's Ice Creamery, where they have 48 different flavoured ice-creams, just what you need to cleanse the palate a bit. From there I headed to Busselton, where I was planning to stay the night, but I found that the 1 tourist attraction, a 2 km long jetty with an aquarium at the end wasn't open, so I continued on to Bunbury.

Now I wasn't going to stay here, as a few people I'd met said there wasn't much there, but I think it's a lovely town. I did a quick walk around town, before finding a cinema. On inspection, I found that they were playing Shrek4 in 3D, so I went in. Now for avid Shrek watchers, this movie is really good, probably as good as the 1st one. I had lots of laughs.

Anyway, so I'm off to Perth tomorrow, heading to the big smoke, and will be getting to see 2 things, my cousin Nigel, and the footy. Both should be really good.

Catch you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment