Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 105 - Geraldton part 2

Yello y'all,

Another day in paradise here for me. With the weather a terrible 21, I almost thought of putting on jeans today. :-)

So, to get the full appreciation of Geraldton, the first thing I did was drive out of it. About 20km south of G, is a field of trees, called the Leaning trees. They're called that, because of all the wind and salt/sand make the grow crocked. As you can see in the picture below, Mio Cow loves these trees.

From there I headed back to G, and headed up to the highest point to take in HMAS Sydney memorial area. Now this boat was destroyed in WWII, and we lost 645 men, the most amount of soldiers lost in that war by boat. apparently that was 1/3 of the people on boats at the time. Kevin Rudd opened this memorial, as the boat was only just found 2 years ago.

From there, I headed to the local Museum, where I got to see a movie for about an hour. This movie depicted some of the first (Dutch) people who came to Australia, in the 1600's. Interesting movie, but not much to the museum itself.

With all my tourist things done for the day, I decided to head out into the water to do a bit of snorkelling. Unfortunately, with a cloudy day, and mirky water, visibility was pretty low, so I only stayed in there for about 15 minutes. On coming out, I bumped into a couple who were out in the playground with their kids, and I spent the next hour yakking away with them. To be honest, they were very scary people.

So now I'm settling in for the night, going to put my feet up, and maybe go and see the A-Team, if the pub I'm in gets too loud. Catch ya






No comments:

Post a Comment