Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 101 - From Fremantle to Rottnest Island

Hi everyone. For the second day in a row, Perth's weather was bad. But it didn't stop me from driving down to Fremantle to take a boat to Rottnest Island, or should I say Rotto. The trip to Rotto was pretty bad, we had 4.5 metre swell, which made the trip exciting to the extreme. Almost everyone was holding on to a vomit bag.

Once I got there, I headed straight in-land, as I'd be told that Quokkas were nocternal animals, so I hoped to see one. Well, not only did I see one, I saw about 100 others. They're pretty tame animals, but I guess they need to be, as so many people go looking for them.

After I'd satisfied myself with Quokka exposure, I headed back in to town to hire a bike. And the rest of the day, I spent riding around the island, getting very wet from the rain, and getting blown around.

When I brought the bike back, I had a nice chat with one of the workers there, and we ended up going out for a drink and dinner, at the Little Creatures bar/restaurant. It was really nice to spend a few hours with a local, having lovely chats. After dinner, we then hunted down Bon Scott, since he still resides here.

So, now I'm back in a hostel, typing away on my PC, which is sitting on my bed, hence I'm not writing too much.

catch you tomorrow








4 comments:

  1. Had a feeling the "local" wasn't a guy...you dirty dog...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thought you sounded a little more 'upbeat'....ooooh....about time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, come on, there was nothing to stir me up about on this one. Just two happy people catching up for a drink together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So was there any action after your "catch up"? Did she fall for your traveller's charms?

    ReplyDelete