Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 112 - Am I half-way yet.... No!!

Hi All, I hope you are well. I just have to say.... " Go Pies!!!". Good to see we're back on the winning board. Still can't believe we drew with the demons.

So I'm in Carnarvon, and have spent a nice relaxing day. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't great, and the wind has been blowing all day.

My first point of call was the OTC Dish, similar to the Dish in Parkes, where the movie was set. This "Dish" was used in the original moon landing, but unfortunately, I wasn't allowed in, I could only walk around it.

So what is Carnarvon? To me, it's a town that focuses on two things, 1. bananas, and 2. snapper. I drove through the plantation area, which was nice, and ended up in the harbour area. All through this area, the boats were filled with fish, mainly snapper. I have to ask, is there an area where this fish doesn't swim.

From there I went to the 1 mile jetty, a jetty that is 1 mile long, and attempted to fish. Unfortunately, the weather was pretty bad, blowing a gale from the south, and didn't really get to fish much.

To cut a story short, I got my hotel to turn the footy on early, and have got the Pies to win as we see it.

I leave Carnarvon tomorrow, heading to Coral Bay. Hopefully the weather is warm, as I'll be spending the time in the water.





No comments:

Post a Comment