Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 097 - Enjoying the coastline


Hi All, good to see it's the end of the week for everyone (I hope). For me, it was just another day in the life of a non-worker.

So, I'm here at Margaret River, so the first thing I did today was to go down to the beach. For those who don't know, I used to surf many years ago, and it was because of a guy who lived in Margaret River. He not only taught me to surf, he sold me my first wetsuit.

I was hoping for 20 foot waves, but unfortunately there were only small waves, there were actaully only 2 people in the water. And on that note, the water here looks so beautiful, if it wasnt so cold (got down to 1 last night), I might have gone in.

After the beach, I went to a few wineries, being the thing to do here. I went to Evans and Tate, Leeuwin Estate and Cape Mentelle. Oh, and Kathleen, I drove past the Stella Bella winery too. Ah, the memories, or lack of them in my case.

One of the other big things here is caves, which I love, there are absolutely hundreds of them. I went to one called Mammoth Caves, and it didn't dissappoint. Absolutely huge, it would have fit the MCG in it.

After that I went down to the Leeuwin Lighthouse, which is the bottom-most south-west point of Australia, where 2 oceans meet. It didn't actually seem to be very interesting, I was expecting monster waves or something.

Anyway, that's my day. I'm now sitting down, waiting for the footy to start



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are meeting some interesting people in your travels Daf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a picture of the surf at margaret river, or are you talking about the cow? The cow statues are everywhere, I don't really know why?

    Hi Leanne, are you saying cows are interesting people????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I meant the cow - really there are statures of cows everywhere? What is the country coming to?

    ReplyDelete