Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 099 - Catching up with my relatives in Perth

Hi all, well I've made it to Perth, and it's only taken me 20,000 kms to get here. I guess you could say I haven't taken the direct root.

But before I left Bunbury, I went to the Dolphin Centre, to see the dolphins. Unfortunately they weren't there, well they didn't come into the bay today, so I had to suffice with seeing a few fish in fish tanks. It wasn't overly exciting, except for the picture below. I've never seen baby toadfish in a tank before. Really cool.

So after going there, I headed to Perth. I found my hotel that I booked, and just like what happened in Adelaide, I've got a nice 3 room apartment for under $100.

So in Perth, I caught up with my cousin Nigel. Now for those that don't know, Nigel and his family came over from the UK to live back when I was about 10, and after a few months of being in Melbourne moved to WA, and that's the last I've seen of him. So it was a great excitement to see him again, and it's nice to know that I got along well with him. We went to the football in Subiaco to see the Saints beat the Dockers (sorry Nigel). So I have another football stadium done now.

So now I'm back in my hotel, after going out for dinner. it's so nice to have choices in food. And Jenny, guesss what I had... No not Salsa's, but the next best thing, Fajitas!!! Mmmmm.





anyway, I'll do a bit of a tour around town tomorrow, before heading to a pub to watch the Queens Birthday game (Go Pies!!).
Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Good to see a picture of Nigel - shame about the game - wasn't that interesting really was it? Enjoy Perth

    ReplyDelete