Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 103 - The Pinnacles Desert


Hi everyone, I hope you're having a great day (and sleep for all those Melbourne people). Today I left Perth, but before I did, I had a few stop-overs. Firstly I went to both Cottesloe and Scarborough beaches, two of the more well known beaches in Perth. Both lovely, and both set up for thousands of people, but at this time of year there was only surfers in the water.

From the beaches, I headed to the Aquarium of WA, to see a few fishes underwater. It was a lovely aquarium, with most of the wild-life focused on those of WA itself. One thing that really pleased me was the 3 foot flathead that swam around the main tank. Oh, and there was this tiny girl in the water, about 4 1/2 ft I reckon, that was feeding the fish by hand, and that included huge grey nurse sharks.

From there I headed to the town of Cervantes. Now this town is the closest town to Nambung National Park, which houses the Pinnacles Desert. This desert is filled with thousands of little rock formations, which make a lovely view. I did a slow drive around the desert, before walking through it was well. Note: there were hundreds of people doing the same.

So, now I'm in a caravan, after having eating a parma, and typing away my life.
Catch you tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment