Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 115 - From Coral Bay to Exmouth

Hi All, firstly, sorry about the lack of photos, I kept forgetting to bring the camera out.

As for what I did today.... Well, after packing up in Coral Bay, I drove down the road about 10km, to go to the beach where I could actually do some fishing (bloody fish preservation areas). When I got to Mauds Landing, I bumped into a couple going the other way, and had a good chat. Whilst we were doing that, a guy comes up to us on a motorbike, asking for some help. Apparently his family had bogged their car on the beach, about 10km to the north. They didn't have any towing gear. With one look at the beach, my mate said "I'm not going down there" but here's my gear. 2 hours later, he still hadn't got his towing gear back, and it appeared that the bogged car was now in the water.

So I'm not the only person to get bogged in sand. he he

Anyway, I was there at the beach to fish, and fishing is what I did. In 3 hours fishing, I only managed 1 fish, about a 2 foot long trevally. It was amazing, to see this fish jumping out of the water as it struggled to get away. And unfortunately, it did. After about a 2 minute fight, it got through the line, and swam away. But it was fun none-the-less.

After that, I left the fish, and the people in towing trouble, and drove up to Exmouth. Exmouth, a lovely little town, where every second building has a Whaleshark poster/statue on it.

I spent the late afternoon just relaxing at the hotel, whilst doing some important things, such as washing clothes, which I hadn't done in 2 weeks.

Anyway, tomorrow gets exciting, as my brother flies in to spend a week with me. And on Thursday, weather permitting, we're going Whaleshark Hunting. Hope the weather's good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment