Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 100 - Perth in the Rain

Hi All, well, I've hit 100 days. For some reason, it feels like its 1. gone on forever, and 2. flashed by. I've seen so much, and driven so many kms, and still so much to do.

So after a lovely warm day yesterday, today was the opposite. It rained for most of the day, with little breaks every hour or so. So I put on my walking shoes and ran around between places.

My first stop was Kings Park. Now this is like our botanical garden in Melbourne, but with a view, as you're about 50 metres above the Swan River.

From there I followed the Swan River for about 5km, until I got to the WACA. For those people that don't know, that's the oval that cricket is played in. Unfortunately the tour had already started, so I quickly ran (or shall we say streaked) onto the ground to take a photo.

By then it was about 12pm, so I hunted down a pub to watch the footy. I shouldn't have bothered. Although we didn't lose, we might have well have. Apart from the first 10 minutes, the game was very frustrating.

After that, I walked around the central malls, before going in to see Robin Hood in the movies. That's not a very good film, I almost fell asleep.

So, the next 4 days is meant to be shocking weather, but I'm still hoping to get to Rottnest Island tomorrow. I'll probably get a cold from it, as I plan to ride around the island.




3 comments:

  1. Why did you photograph that sign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cause it's a funny sign. DUMAS.....translate to DUMB ARSE.

    See it's funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have thought it is pronounced differently!

    ReplyDelete