Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 089 - Kalgoorlie


Ok, so to start off with today, I'd just like to give everyone some advise. Don't stay at the local pub in Norseman. After having dinner there, I woke up at 3, 4, 5 and so on, with an upset stomach. The pizza that everyone enjoyed there didn't work for me. Oh, and they had free breakfast too, all of which was past the expiration date.

Anyway, once I got out of town, I managed to feel OK, and continued on with my golfing trip. I have now finished the Nullarbor Links course, having completed my final 3 holes today. I now have a certificate of completion, complete with my wonderful score of 119.

So I'm now in Kalgoorlie, a wonderful town of some 20,000 people, the most I've seem for 2 weeks or so. I did what everyone does when they come here, go to the Super Pit, the biggest open mine in the Southern Hemisphere. Seriously this pit is big, it's over 500 metres down, and you can just see the cars and mega-trucks at the bottom.

I then headed to the local pool, as they have a pool where you can surf in. Unfortunately it's closed for winter, hey, I'd have been happy to put my wetsuit on.

I also gave my car a good clean, it's now white in colour again. It'll get serviced tomorrow, so it'll be like a new car again.

Oh, and finally, I went and saw Prince of Persia, as I haven't seen a movie in weeks. Not a bad movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment