Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 107 - Everywhere to walk in Kalbarri

Hi everyone, I hope work today for you wasnt too bad, my day wasnt too bad either.

So what's the big thing about Kilbarri? It's the natural aspects. And I got to see all those aspects today. All in all, I did 9 walks today, which added up to about 14km. And all of the walks were lovely.

The first 5 walks were up the in the Kilbarri National Park, and they all followed, to some extent, the Murchison River. So it was all about red/orange rock gorges, and were all lovely. The main walk, consisted of a real photo spot, Nature's Window, followed by an 8km walk following the river. It was a lovely peaceful walk, and I soon made a friend to make it a little easier. Katarina, from Austria, was also doing the walk, and we soon got yakking. She ended up being amazing, she's 21, and has been travelling around Oz for 11 months by herself. Most nights she sleeps in her Commodore.

Anyway, after those walks, I headed back to the coastline to do a few walks, all of which showed lovely cliff-faces into the ocean. Seriously, this is the place to come, if you want a mixture of water fun and bush hikes. If only the ocean wasn't bringing in 6-8ft waves, I'd have been out on the reef doing some serious snorkelling.

So tomorrow I do a nice drive of 395km, heading up to Denham/Monkey Mia, so it wont be long before I go feed some dolphins (number 3 on my travels bucket list). Very excited.

Catch you soon.





5 comments:

  1. did you get my first comment? rrrr, if you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn...don't think my first comment was posted. anyway, just wanted to say that many many moons ago mio and i drove a combi from perth to monkey mia...it is a fantastic place, hope you also get to camp right on the beach. enjoy the dolphins and the very cheeky pelicans. jac x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you sleep in her commodore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lance!!! What did I tell you 2 days ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...sorry mate, I forgot (well I couldn't resist really). My bad. Ok no more misleading comments. And girls, if you are reading this, he is a complete gentleman.

    ReplyDelete