Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 055 - Mount Remarkable

So a big day, both good and bad today. I felt that I hadn't done much bush-walking of late, so I headed to Mount Remarkable, a mountain and a national park, to get some exercise.

I chose 2 walks to do, the summit walk and the gorge walk, and did the summit first, as it was a 12.2km walk, going up and down, without much flat bits in the middle. The guidelines said it would take 5 hours, I did it in 3, so maybe I'm getting a little fitter. hah!

So this is where the bad bit hits. So I finish the walk, and am feeling both tired and chuffed, and drive off, then realise I've lost my $350 sunglasses. I believe I stupidly left them on the bonnet of the car. So I drove back, only about a kilometre, but couldn't find them anywhere. Shall I just say that I'm very upset about this.

After searching around for 15 minutes, I gave up, and did my second walk, called Alligator Gorge. Now I can understand why it's called a gorge, see below, but why an alligator. It should be called locust gorge, as those little insects were everywhere.


So I'm now in Port Augusta, and have decided not to do much here. For me, it's a settling location, ready for what I do starting tomorrow, which is head into the centre of Oz. So shopping for supplies is in order, and then off to the Flinders Ranges (actually I was in them today).
Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment