Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 048 - Clare, wine tasting for something different

After a nice relaxing day in the Copper Triangle, it was time to change my habits, and get back into some wine tasting, this time the Clare Valley. On the way there, I went to Wallaroo, a small town, which is part of the Copper Triangle on the Yorke Peninsula, and went into a nautical musuem. I was in and out in about 20 minutes, but not before seeing a squid about 10 feet long, even if it was stuffed.

So I'm now in the Clare Valley, and have run around a few wineries. I have to say, I'm starting to get tired of wine tasting, especially since I'm only doing a few tastings per winery.

I did Jim Barry, probably the best winery I did on the day. I even got to taste some Armagh, a $205 bottle. Mmmm. I also went to Pikes, Claymore and Knappstein, the later being about 50 metres from my motel.

So, I'm driving to Broken Hill tomorrow, about 450 kms away, so I probably wont have a blog entry. But stay tuned....


Jim Barry - The Armagh

No comments:

Post a Comment