Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 046 - b b b barossa

So it's time to leave Adelaide, I think I've seen everything I need to, although it would have been nice to spend more time with my good friend Ila.

My plan was to head to Barossa, an area that I'd been to a couple of times before with my "good friend" Kailash, but on the way, I thought I'd go to a few other things.

Firstly, I headed to Melba's, up in the Adelaide Hills. This is apparently a famous Chocolate factory, where I had a lovely time, looking at all the different types of chocolate combinations. From there I then headed to the "Toy Factory" another area in the hills where all sorts of wooden toys where made. On top of that, they have the largest toy horse in the world. Let it be said that I climbed that horse.


From there I went to Barossa, and booked back in to the Vine Inn, the place I've stayed at a couple of times. I spent the afternoon going to a couple of wineries. Oh Kailash, I went back to Yalumba, and got well looked after this time. I also went to Barossa Valley Estate, Wolf Blass and Elderton, just to mix it up.

I should be doing a few kms tomorrow, as I move away from the area, and head towards the Yorke Peninsula. I'm hoping to get on a fishing charter there, and spend some time swimning, before heading towards Broken Hill for the weekend.
Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment