Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 026 - The Great Ocean Road and beyond

Well, today was a good day. Having spent a nice in the fantastic Hostel in Port Campbell (btw: you really should spend a night in PC), I was ready for the big day ahead. On my way to Port Fairy, I did all the GOR sites, which are:
  • Gibson Steps - and the first time I found myself in touch with a snake. Pity it was only about 30 cms long, but still, just as deadly. See below.
  • 12 Apostles - OK, my 3rd time there in 24 hours, still couldn't get that "perfect" photo.
  • Loch Ard Gorge - much better than 12 Apostles. Lots of different things to see there.
  • The Arch, London Bridge, Grotto, Bay of Martyrs and Bay of Islands - Lots of lovely sites, all worthy of going to and taking lots of photos of.
  • Peterborough - Sorry Nicole, it's not a very big town, but lovely area regardless.
  • Warnambool - so where can I get a good sandwich.
  • Tower Hill - getting inside of an old Volcano.
  • Port Fairy - a lovely little town, which I plan to see more of tomorrow.

I went fishing, and didn't catch anything this time in Port Fairy, for me that's a sign it's time to move on.

Note: I'm in a lovely Holiday Park, Pelican Waters (sorry no Pelicans), well worth staying at.

Tomorrow I catch up with some work people, off to spend a few days in Portland. I probably won't be in touch until after Easter, as I'll be too busy, and then off camping in the Lower Glenelg National Park.

Giant Snake



Up close and personal Koala

No comments:

Post a Comment